By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki in Sequim, WA
Last night, June 25 2018, we said farewell to our amazing, quirky, lovable Reiki dog, Mandy. She came into our lives almost 7 years ago as a rescue. She was about 7 to 10 then so now, she was pretty darn old in dog years, over 104. Even though she hadn’t had the most loving start to her life, we could tell from her behavior, despite that, she loved everyone and everything, except rodents. Like mom like dog.
2012, Mandy with my son Sawyer.More photos below of Mandy in Reiki classes.
From the beginning of our life together, Mandy was stuck like glue to me. Her job in the pack, she believed, was to be right by my side every minute of every day and she wasn’t fully happy unless she could do that.
That means, she was in and a present part of every Reiki class I taught in my home for the last seven years.
A few years ago, she and one of our cats, Cosmo, decided they wanted to be attuned, officially, to Reiki. They were attuned to be Reiki Masters and from then on out, they continued to take their Reiki classes and circles very seriously. They were there for any student who wanted and needed them during class. They just knew and they simply exuded Reiki healing through their whole being. Cosmo was not with us as long, he disappeared two years ago, but Mandy, even as she grew older, continued to be our magnificent Reiki dog at every function.
Almost one year ago, my family was in a terrible car crash while on vacation. The crash took my husband and my 16-year-old son almost instantly. My 14-year-old son and I were in the hospital for almost a month and are still recuperating. I have been able to teach one class a month for the last five months but that is about all I can do, so far.
Mandy, even though she had had a stroke very recently before the crash, she rallied as soon as we got home so she could take care of us, in her old same way, simply by bring present and exuding Reiki through her aura.
Mandy laying on our Vital Life Pro machine to heal after her stroke.
For a long time after the crash, I wasn’t able to channel Reiki through my body. I had to do it with intention and prayer and piggy back on the Reiki that Mandy was exuding and offering lovingly. That worked and I was able get the comfort through her.
Our pets are such a huge part of our life, I don’t have to tell you that. Most of you are pet lovers and have many stories of your own pets and how they have enriched your lives incredibly. But, have you thought about having them attuned to Reiki? Reiki gives them even more of a freedom to help their family, their pack. Reiki gives them a new and valuable part to play, the healer. Reiki can also give them comfort and pain relief when they are hurting, growing old and need it most. Reiki was a comfort for me and Mandy. It didn’t heal her from old age, that’s not going to happen. Old age is part of our learning. But, it helped make it a little easier on many ways.
HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOUR PET WANTS TO BE ATTUNED TO REIKI
- Start by running your Reiki, for you and your pet. Reiki centers us and grounds us, connects us to our Higher Power and our higher selves, brings in intuitive guidance, and makes us feel more spiritually powerful.
- Ask your pet or offer the opportunity to be attuned to Reiki.
- Watch for signs that they have said yes, or trust that you can listen to them and hear their answer. They will give you a sign if you ask for it.
- If they say YES, then ask what level they wish to be attuned to? Reiki I, II, III, Master/Teacher? Animals do not have to step up the way we do. They have an inherent knowing about energy and they know what level of Reiki is for their best and highest good. They will tell you. Listen telepathically.
- Email or call me when you have the information to talk about a pet attunement. I do all pet attunements long distance, so it doesn’t matter where you are in the world. They prefer it that way and being that their bodies are different from human, it makes it a bit easier anyway.
- IF you don’t feel confident to talk and listen to your pets or read signs effectively enough, I can do it.
- All in Divine Time. Sometimes our pets take their time, they’re not in a hurry like we are. I had been asking Mandy and Cosmo, I believe, for about two years off and on if they wanted to be attuned. Finally they answered during a Reiki III class, at the same time. They said, NOW is the time. Attune us. Be patient with them.
LOVING COMMENTS ARE WELCOME AND WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THEM
Please, comment your Reiki animal stories, I would love to hear them. Comment any questions you might have or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or 360-460-7829 and leave a message. I will be taking the summer off from teaching and attunements, but will be back in the early fall. That will give you and your pets time to start the process.
Thank you for Reiki and prayers for Mandy. She is with my Robert and Robby now. I watched them greet her at the orb of light. She can run, play, be young and happy again. She loves to chase geese, so I’m sure she is doing that in heaven.
Blessings to you all and your fury babies, we love them so, they give us so much,
Pictures of Mandy in Reiki events below