When you lose something you love it’s frustrating and can often be quite expensive if you feel you need to replace it. It can also be frustrating and time-consuming if it’s something like your car keys and you are late for an appointment. Sometimes we no longer needed the item and it was time to say goodbye anyway. However, that can be a challenge of its own, letting go. Maybe WE don’t feel it was time to say goodbye to that item. Maybe WE still wanted that item.
“No, I Wanted That!”
I had this happen years ago with a ring that my husband had given to me BEFORE I had Reiki in my life. Luckily it was not an expensive ring but it was dear to me and I wanted to keep it. For about a year I’d been having difficulty wearing it. My skin had suddenly started peeling and flaking under the gold band. I would take it off at night and do all sorts of lotions and oils to help but it just continued. My body had created an allergy to the fillers in the gold is what I was told. But I didn’t want to stop wearing the ring my husband had given me. So I kept wearing it. One day, I took the ring off to put lotion on. When I came back to the room, it was gone and has been gone ever since. I searched and searched and searched. I never found the ring. We checked the plumbing, no where. Now, looking back, I see the signs. The ring was no longer vibrating with who I was but I didn’t listen.
“Really, Another Life Lesson? When Will They STOP!?”
In most situations in life, even losing our keys, there is a lesson we need to learn. Maybe we need to learn to detach from material things. Maybe we need to learn to listen to our bodies as to what is no longer good for us. Maybe we need to allow ourselves to let go of a person, relationship or situation!? Maybe we need to slow down, take more care in our daily activities and not try to do too much at once (Uh huh, lost your keys lately? LOL) . Maybe we are out of balance with our environment and we need to listen to it. Listening is the first step to finding a lost item that has importance to you.
Steps to Finding a Lost Item
Quite often, if we calm down, listen and learn from a lost item, it is our best chance to be brought back to it. Here are the steps I take with Reiki help, if I want to find a lost item that has meaning to me.
Sometimes this is a quick process and other times it will take more effort. It’s up to you to decide which is needed depending upon what you are trying to find.
- First, calm down. Do some deep breathing if need be. Your mind must be calm in order to receive Highest Guidance.
- Listen to the situation. Any Reiki level can do this. Do your gassho, sit in meditation or for a quickie, hold intention while you are showering that you will receive information about the situation with your lost item to help you understand what is going on. I do some of my best intuitive work in the shower with the water flowing over my crown chakra. (Always ask Divine Source to be with you when you do any spiritual work.)
- Don’t be afraid to look in the mirror, so to speak, and face the issue you are dealing with. (For instance, for me and my ring, I was not listening to what was best for my body AND I was not willing to detach from a material object emotionally or physically.)
- Take action. When you get an insight as to what the issue is with the lost item, take action to change the situation before the universe does it for you. The universe will always find a way to balance itself, even if you won’t.
- Then you can start looking for the item you have lost.
- Sit in Gassho, prayer position, to connect to the Reiki and set intentions. Bring in your Reiki guides of the Highest Order.
- Use the long distance Reiki II symbol (HSZSN) OR if you are Reiki I, the intention of finding the lost object. If you feel there is an emotional component to the item add the Mental/Emotional Symbol (SHK) as well. Hold the intention that the Reiki is finding the lost object AND healing your issue at the same time.
- Trust in Divine Source to find it for you when you least expect it or to give you a mental message or image as to where to look for it.
- Give it time to be found or for you to get a message. Repeat in a few days to repeat your intention to Divine if you do not find it when you want to.
- If you do not find it, it was no longer yours. Harsh, but true.