Reboot My Life – The Results So Far
Eleventh in a series of blogs written by Josslyn Streett of Rain Shadow Reiki for her series on nutritional healing and juicing.
Review of the Ten-Day Cleanse
Mmmmmm, Strawberry, banana and kale smoothie!! They really are yummy!
If you have been following my blog series you know that I have made great changes to my eating habits for chronic health reasons. If you have not been following then I’ll provide links throughout so you can read the other posts if you’d like to. I’m writing these blogs in hopes that my healing journey will help or motivate others on their healing journey.
Over the years my body gives me messages that it no longer will tolerate certain foods. First was beef and pork almost twenty years ago. Then wheat, sugar, soy and so on. I realized early on I have a sensitive system
. This summer my body wanted me to rid myself of dairy and start a more raw food diet with a whole lot more vegetables. Granted I have been getting this feeling for about a year but was not completely ready until this summer. Usually this process takes time. I have found I am more successful if my mental state is that I WANT to do this, I CHOOSE to do this and I am READY to do this. I started doing this process with juicing and a ten-day fruit and vegetable cleanse through Reboot Your Life
with their nutritionist and the help of my Naturopathic Doctor. I started July 20th with the pre-clenase and have been going strong since. (Today being the first of September, 2012)
Results of the Cleanse
So the results of the cleanse are (three weeks after & continuing):
- I have more energy on most days
- Many of my natural supplements that I take for the chronic conditions, were cut down right away. We continue to check dosage as my body changes with more and more greens.
- Cravings for cheese are GONE!! (HUGE FOR ME!)
- I crave my vegetable juice every day.
- I have a renewed desire to find healthy vegetarian recipes and actually make them for me and my family. We are all benefiting from this one.
- I have left behind forever some weight and when the six month detox is over I know my body will respond with leaving behind even more.
- Spiritually I have gotten much-needed insight into the deeper issue to the chronic illness’ and how to work through them.
- I am reconnecting to my physical body and learning once again to listen to my body and give it what it needs to thrive.
- My chakras and energy bodies are cleaner, brighter and feeling much lighter.
- I am releasing massive amounts of energy that I no longer need on all four levels; physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally all at the same time and very quickly.
- I am finding it easier to ground myself in the morning and stay grounded though out the day.
Just the Facts
If you’ve read my blogs on the juice cleanse
this far you are either a dear friend, a very lovely client or you may have a chronic illness of your own that you haven’t been able to get help for. Good for you. Don’t give up, ever. Keep reading, keep researching, keep searching for a cure. Here are some facts that I find astounding. The way I see it, feel it and have experienced it, nutrition is our only hope to finding a cure for what ails us. Although, with our nutrition being meddled with the way it is in modern life, with pesticides, genetically altered seeds and pollution in our soils and waterways, it gets harder and harder to eat in a healthy manner. Other support therapies are necessary to support the healthy eating lifestyle as well. Therapies, such as: Reiki
, Acupuncture, EFT
(Emotional Freedom Technique), IEH
(Intuitive Energy Healing), NAET
(allergy elimination), NET
(Neuro-emotional Technique) and more can help us build up our immune systems and help us rid our bodies of the toxins that modern life helps to put there. Each time we are able to work with one of these therapies we are raising our vibration and teaching our psychical body as well as our emotional body to LET GO of what does not serve us. With this process we are teaching our bodies to become immune to these modern changes. With this process, we are evolving to be more adaptable. The only way to survive on this planet is to evolve and adapt.
Back to the Veggies
But, overall, heal yourself with fruits and vegetables and a diet tailored to YOUR mind, body and spirit. Keep searching for the puzzle to YOUR healing journey. Each puzzle piece you find gets you a little closer to feeling great. Nutrition for most is the problem, the answer and the solution. Are you ready to REBOOT YOUR LIFE!
Here are some very important facts that may help motivate you to Reboot your diet:
- 7 out of 10 deaths of every American is from chronic disease
- 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies, and lack of physical exercise.
- 1 out of every 2 adults in America in 2005 had at least one chronic illness (HALF OF ALL ADULTS! WOW!)
- 1 in 5 people suffer from Autoimmune disease (Women are 75% of this number. 30 million women!)
- 90% of all chronic diseases are due to an infection of the gut, according to the Royal Society of Medicine
If you are trying to heal yourself, might be good to start with your diet. Juicing is an easy and delicious way to get a whole lot more veggies into your diet every single day. For maintenance I am supplementing my ‘normal’ diet of fruit and veggies for breakfast, usually in a smoothie, salads for lunch with beans and steamed or sautéed veggies at dinner with one or two juices a day. One juice a day is quite doable, two takes a little more commitment and planning. The great thing about a fruit and veggie diet is they have so few calories, you are rarely hungry. You can eat as much vegetables as you want!! Eat up and enjoy!
Loving questions and comments are always welcome. Let me know how YOU are doing on your healing journey.
In Love and Light,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-460-7829
Natural Body Healing
Center for Disease Control