By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki
We all have those days or times of the day when we don’t feel at our best. Many people use coffee or other pick me ups to get them through. My body doesn’t tolerate many of them, especially caffeine so I have had to come up with alternatives. Apples give a great boost, just like having a cup of coffee. I have an apple a day, usually for lunch. But at about that 3pm mark, I still get the sluggish tired feeling. Reiki is a great pick me up and I’ve already written how it can be like having three cups of coffee in one of my blogs which you can click and read.
But, this blog is about a simple and quick technique to do when you don’t have time to do a full healing or even a fifteen minute healing. When you are stuck for time, here is a quick, less than five-minute Reiki Pick Me Up that anyone can use who is attuned to Reiki to give them that extra boost of energy when they are feeling down. I use this technique often.
For Reiki I
- Sit in your Gassho, center and ground yourself and call in your Reiki guides of the highest order.
- Hold the intention that you want the Reiki energy to give you a boost in energy to get you through the day or whatever intention you feel is best for you for the greatest good.
- Starting with your root chakra run Reiki energy in your chakras from bottom to top for as long as you feel necessary or for about thirty seconds. (If top to bottom feels better to you, then do that. It’s all good and there is no wrong.)
- After running Reiki on your crown chakra run Reiki all throughout your aura with the intention of energizing you.
- Closing Gassho and go!
- Sit in your Gassho, center and ground yourself, and call in your Reiki guides of the highest order.
- Activate your symbols in whatever way works best for you until you feel the energy in your hands.
- Starting with your root chakra draw the CKR Power Symbol, in your chakras from bottom to top. (If top to bottom feels better to you, then do that. It’s all good and there is no wrong.)
- After drawing CKR in your last chakra, draw a large CKR in front of you activating it and bringing it into your body and aura.
- Do your closing Gassho and go!
I Pray many of you give this a try when you are needing that pick me up and that it helps. Let me know how it works for you.
Love, Light and Blessings to all of you,
A BIG THANK YOU to my teacher, Catherine Morris, for teaching me this technique as part of our attunement process. So grateful for ALL you have taught me!!
email@example.com or 360-460-7829